Forum

Talk to kindred spirits on Expats Paris

Ask questions, get answers and engage in meaningful conversations. From learning more about the city to discussing the scope of different industries, our community members come here to make productive contributions that help others avail more clarity.

Why hang pictures?

Notifications
Clear all

Why hang pictures?

Maxxx17
Topic starter
(@maxxx17)

I notice when I visit guests that they have a lot of paintings hanging around the apartment or house. I personally have bare walls. Why do people decorate the house with pictures? And what purpose do you personally have in mind?

3 Replies
Helen09
(@helen09)

Painting is not about design and decoration, painting is about your sense of beauty and mood. Your personal sense of beauty. I have quite a few in my home turquoise wall decor and because of them I have a special atmosphere in my home. A landscape you brought back from a trip, a landscape you bought from an artist on a picturesque street, a still life you chose for its light and color, your favorite face in a portrait can quickly change the mood of a room. It doesn't matter how much a painting costs or how famous its author is, as long as it resonates with you.

Mark01
(@mark01)

A painting is not a basic necessity, but a sign that you have time and money to do more than just survive and get by. The choice of painting can say a lot about the owner.

wispsilk
(@wispsilk)

I think painting is the basic decoration in the house.

Share: